It seemed we needed to refocus our projects and our schedule at home. Rabbit's schedule has evened out enough to allow me some time to reflect and test ways
We started with a couple of videos of jellyfish. We talked about size, movement, and I showed Bama a coffee filter that we'd use for the body. (The project from SavvySource suggests using a basket filter, which we don't have.)
She loved the jellies. We saw videos of luminous moon jellies, tiny thumbelina jellies, giant jellyfish. The giants, or Nomura's jellyfish, swarmed around Japan earlier this year. They can be about 6 feet long, 440 pounds (give or take an inch and some pounds). Yipes!
Other sites and images we used:
I broke the project up over a couple of days because of our funny nap times, plus we had a special visitor from California (Hi Pace!). So, on day two, Bama and Mr. Numbers painted the jellyfish. They dried over-night, ready for tentacle-detailing.
So, the tentacles didn't work out quite as I'd imagined. Bama and the babysitter worked on them as Mr. Numbers and I left to meet Mister at The Beagle (OH YUM!) for dinner.
We have a couple more to do (only one of these is a coffee filter), and once they are all done, I will string them into a jelly-mobile.
Sorry for the whack lighting. It's always a bit dark in here, but not it's the gloaming all day.